Last Day to Apply: September 30, 2020
Service Writer – Recreational Vehicles
If you are a natural people-pleaser and a good listener who also happens to love recreational vehicles, then our dealership has the perfect job for you. We need more than an RV Service Advisor; we need an outstanding communicator with a professional appearance and a strong work ethic, someone who is equally comfortable greeting customers as they are scheduling appointments and acting as a liaison between customers and service techs. Successful candidates will also have excellent follow-through skills and a sharp eye for details.
- Attitude is everything—greet service department customers promptly and courteously
- Listen to each customer and articulate repair needs to techs
- Upsell recommended/additional services using low pressure, high integrity methods
- Provide accurate estimates of repair/maintenance costs
- Adherence to dealership policy on customer vehicle care and operation
- Follow up on each repair and keep customers informed of progress
- Sell and manage extended warranties
- Inspect repair quality and ensure that all work is complete
- Notify customers when vehicles are ready for pick up
- Review and explain repairs and associated costs with customers
- Handle minor customer concerns and complaints
- Keep Service Manager informed of all problems and potential problems
- Maintain Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) scores per dealership standards
Compensation is performance-based and will be a salary plus commission. After training, the selected applicant can expect to make $45,000 to $75,000 per year.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma or equivalency degree is required. Experience in a service-related position is also preferred, but not necessary.
Benefits include medical insurance, dental & vision coverage options, 401K retirement savings plan with employer match, vacation time, holiday pay, company paid continuing education and huge employee discounts.
About Our Dealership
Bretz RV & Marine opened for business in Missoula, Montana, in 1967. Up until then, Frank and Vi Bretz had been operating a service station and renting U-Hauls in central Missoula. A search for a new camping trailer ended up turning into a new business opportunity. Not only did the Bretz family get a new camper, they decided to get into the business of selling and renting small travel trailers.
Today Bretz RV & Marine is still a family-owned and operated business with 5 dealerships across Montana and Idaho. We are fortunate to have grown from just over 100 employees to nearly 400 employees in the last five years. We do all we can to offer our teams an excellent place to work and advance in our company. We start by finding great people with high energy and then find the best place for them to be successful in our dealerships.
Throughout the year, you will see Bretz RV & Marine sponsoring events from local school functions to veterans associations, Toys-4-Tots, Make-A-Wish, and many more. We feel it's important to contribute to the communities in which we do business.
Our company maintains a firm policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates based on personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.