Service Advisor – Recreational Vehicles
If you are a natural people-pleaser and a good listener who also happens to love recreational vehicles, then our dealership has the perfect job for you. We need more than an RV Service Advisor; we need an outstanding communicator with a professional appearance and a strong work ethic, someone who is equally comfortable greeting customers as they are scheduling appointments and acting as a liaison between customers and service techs. Successful candidates will also have excellent follow-through skills and a sharp eye for details.
- Attitude is everything—greet service department customers promptly and courteously
- Listen to each customer and clearly articulate repair needs to techs
- Upsell recommended/additional services using low pressure, high integrity methods
- Provide accurate estimates of repair/maintenance costs
- Adherence to dealership policy on customer vehicle care and operation
- Follow up on each repair and keep customers informed of progress
- Sell and manage extended warranties
- Inspect repair quality and ensure that all work is complete
- Notify customers when vehicles are ready for pick up
- Review and explain repairs and associated costs with customers
- Handle minor customer concerns and complaints
- Keep Service Manager informed of all problems and potential problems
- Maintain Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) scores in accordance with dealership standards
Compensation is based on experience and commensurate with Fortune 500 companies.
Education and/or Experience
A high school diploma or equivalency degree is required. Experience in a service-related position is also preferred, but not necessary.
Benefits include medical insurance, 401K retirement savings plan with employer match, vacation time, holiday pay, company paid continuing education and huge employee discounts. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
About Our Dealership
Bretz RV & Marine opened for business in Missoula, Montana, in 1967. Up until then, Frank and Vi Bretz had been operating a service station and renting U-Hauls in central Missoula. A search for a new camping trailer ended up turning into a new business opportunity. Not only did the Bretz family get a new camper, they decided to get into the business of selling and renting small travel trailers.
Bretz opened at its current location in Missoula along Interstate 90 in 1999 and has been constantly expanding ever since. In 2008, Bretz purchased Tour America RV Center in Billings, Montana, which has grown into a brand new dealership on 35 acres of freeway frontage. In 2011, Bretz added a new dealership in Boise, Idaho. Bretz RV and Marine’s newest location in Nampa, Idaho, was added in 2017 and we are continuing to expand sales and service across the region. In addition we have Bretz Capital Sports Sales Inc., in Boise, ID and Gull Boats & RV in Missoula, MT, making for six total locations!
The current Missoula store sits on almost 45 acres, has 26 fully equipped service-bays with a complete collision repair center, nearly twenty thousand square feet of indoor showroom, and one of the largest accessory stores in the northwest. Due to the hard work of the entire Bretz RV & Marine team, Bretz has become the largest dealer in a five state region.